Thursday, September 16, 2010

Motherhood

I have always wanted to be a mom, but I never knew being a mom would complete me as much as it has. I feel so fulfilled in my life. Everyday I thank Heavenly Father for blessing me with the chance to be Wyatt's mom.  I feel such a responsibility to teach him what is right.

I found this quote by President Hinckley on Motherhood.

"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done? "

When that day comes and I am sitting in my rocker,  I want to be able to say I have taught them everything I could for them to gain their own Testimony of Our Savior. I don't ever want to let a moment to go by where Wyatt's doesn't know that I love him and most of all the Savior loves him.

I really love being a Mom!

P.S. There are two other post below. Ones with pictures of our cute stud.

9 comments:

Marcy M Miller said...

Motherhood is truly a blessing. I'm so happy you have your little guy here and that things are going good.

Steph Cef said...

Seriously he is the cutest little boy ever! I am so glad you love being a mom. Its hard work some days, but so rewarding! Love ya!

Shelly and Kellan said...

I love this post on motherhood! I love being a mom too it's so neat to know I have my own little foreever family now.

Trisha said...

You are such a wonderful mother, it amazes me everything I see you with Wyatt. He is lucky to have such incredible parents. Your attitude and view about motherhood is a wonderful example! Love you!

Trisha said...

He is so cute and getting cuter every time I see him!

Anonymous said...

oh!!! This makes me want to have kids even more than I already do. ;) I'm glad you are loving it! Are you going to back and work at the insurance office or are you done?
Congrats, he is a cutie!
-Corinne

Sabra said...

I love all your new posts. Wyatt is getting big! I got his birth announcement today. It is so cute.

Glad no one was hurt when you hit the deer. How scary.

And yes, why do blow outs only happen on mom and not dad??!?!?

Jenny said...

I forgot to add you to my private blog list so I just saw your updates.

You are such a great mommy. Wyatt is so lucky to have you.

Becca said...

I left you a baby gift a week or so ago on your porch...Hope you got it, and that it fits the little smoochie!